Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh Dishes!

I love dishes don't ya know!
A few years back I picked up some dishes at Goodwill, just a few odd and end pieces, thinking that I could use them as an addition to my everyday dishes. Well over comes my FMIL (favorite mother-in-law) and says "Did David's mom give you those?" and I say "no" and she says "oh, I think she has a set of those."
Any time I would go to a thrift store or garage sale and see any of the pieces I would pick them up. About a year ago, Matt's Grandma gave me her collection. I was pretty excited. I've continued to gather pieces. I have had some saucers that never had cups, Grandma Ellis doesn't ever remember having cups. Well, 2 days ago I was in Goodwill and there was a basket of 4 mugs, salt and pepper shakers and a creamer that I thought would go well with my dishes but not expecting them to actually be a part of the collection. Turns out they are! Woot!
(I really love dishes and I realize this love is strange to some)

Last night my mom comes over with a cake plate that
matches and some bowls in a new different size.
I never new these items existed.

I've been looking at Etsy and finding more things that go with the set that I would like to have. The problem is that the items are expensive compared to what I have so far spent. I probably have enough pieces for about 14 people (minus cups) and have spent less than $10, with me actually only spending around $3. Maybe my luck will continue and I will find them cheap at thrift stores.

Some pieces I wish I had:

Ashtrays! How odd! I have no need for them and I wouldn't want anybody
to be smoking in my house but I still want them.

A serving bowl

An oval platter. I already have a round one.
I also need more coffee mugs to complete my set and a sugar bowl.

Pie Plate

Water Pitcher

Coffee Pot
tea cups

juice glasses, tumblers, gravy boat, casserole dish, butter dish, tea pot, gravy ladles...

Oh, dishes!


So, if you like to shop around at second hand stores and see
any of this pattern, send it my way! Think of it as a fun scavenger hunt. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Jodi Beth - I love you! You are a quirky, fun sort of girl. --your FMIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the water pitcher and you do NEED the sugar bowl and I agree with you FMIL; you are a little quirky, must get it from your dad's side! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, yeah right. I think it clearly comes from your side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use the ashtrays for candle holders. I don't like my glasses to match, so I find odd ones at Goodwill. And, it is a good thing that I don't like matchy, matchy, because my kids are always breaky, breaky.

    ReplyDelete