Monday, October 5, 2009

Quick Update

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. My blood pressure was a little high but went back down after about 20 minutes. I wonder if the short walk inside made it go up? Anyway, I was told not to work anymore. My feet and legs are super swollen and I gained an extremely large amount of weight, I'll just go ahead and tell you, 13 pounds in a week! How ridiculous. The Dr. told me to watch my salt intake and that if I had been further along in dilation (I'm still a 1 and Aubrey is still high) that he probably would have sent me over to the hospital to be induced. He ordered an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay and it was. Aubrey's estimated weight is 8 lbs. 4 ounces but that could be off by 1 pound in either direction.

So...I have an appointment Thursday morning and I'm thinking that if I am dilated anymore that I will probably get induced or if I have gained more weight and have high blood pressure that I will get induced and possibly end up having a C-section if labor does not progress? Hopefully not. I'm feeling fine physically but emotionally I feel like I have already failed as a mother.

I was going to work tomorrow but now with no real reason to get up early I haven't managed to go to sleep yet, I suppose I'll go try again.

2 comments:

  1. Jodi, I cannot imagine how emotional this all is for you! This is definitely not your fault, so don't be so hard on yourself! Changing your salt intake isn't as difficult as it sounds, especially if you have a good support system which I know you do.

    My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Aubrey and Matt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a failure as a mother!!!!! Goodness gracious girl! Take this as your very first lesson in parenting...YOU are not in control. Babies (then toddlers, pre-teens, teenagers and finally adults) do what they want. You are just there to guide them. You are doing a GREAT JOB! You are already a wonderful mommy because you are taking care of yourself and doing what you are supposed to do :))) We just do our best and try not to feel so guilty that we dont do it perfectly (haha) We know there is only ONE perfect parent. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete