Thursday, March 4, 2010

He Answers Prayer!

There is no doubt, God answers prayer!

For the last few years I have been trying to avoid God, and doing a rather good job. But God has not forgotten me. In the last few months it has really hit me that I was missing him. My life has been great but it has become clear that my life would never be what I wanted it to be unless I came back into God's embrace. So, I have been praying that God would find a way to bring me back to him. He has.

When Philip and Kim went to Haiti (prior to earthquake) and came back telling about their trip it really hit my heart. At the time I was praying for God to reach out to me. I began praying about what I could. Then the earthquake hit and I followed news and blogs closely. I thought (God put on my heart), "I bet that there would be a need for cloth diapers and pillowcase dresses would be nice for the climate." But Satan gave me doubts: sending these items could hurt the local economy; I don't have the time; what are you thinking, you can't really sew. So I put the thought aside.

Then one day when checking the rescue center's blog, I saw a post asking those who can sew to send diapers, pillowcase dresses and aprons. God had to make it very obvious to me that he wanted me to do this, I didn't take his early suggestion seriously. So March 13th sewing day!

I've been praying that everything would come into place to make it a successful day. I fully believe it will. God has answered another prayer. The Needle Niche, a fabric shop in Athens, has donated 20 beautiful cuts of fabric for the dresses!

In essence, this song has been my prayer for the last few months. So thankful, God answers prayer!

Listen to it HERE

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend

You are my desire
No one else will do
'Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near







8 comments:

  1. Yep... even if we try to avoid God... HE never forgets us! Aren't we so blessed? I love your story here. It is wonderful what you are doing! I can't wait to see the wonderful things you sew!
    ~Jennifer
    www.studiojru.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! This makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited to be part of your Sew for Haiti day -- Aunt Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many people are you expecting??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi that's awesome. I'm excited for you. I just wanted to share something I just read - 1 John 5:14 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. and if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him."

    I think asking for God to draw you close to Him is ALWAYS God's will... and HE WILL DO IT!!!! WOO HOO!

    Thanks for writing about this it get me pumped up. We will be praying for you guys and the sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what an accomplished Day! Praise the Lord for his plans and letting us be blessed through helping! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! You know God always works gently, He is that small voice, not the naysayer. I came over from Lezlee's blog.

    ReplyDelete