Sunday, January 24, 2010

Heavy Heart

It is hard to post when you have a baby in your arms. Right now she is sleeping and Matt is smoking a brisket.

Been thinking and praying a lot about Haiti. It is overwhelming for me, I can't imagine how it is for people in Haiti and those that have a connection with the country. My heart has felt heavy. I keep watching the news and checking blogs but I can do nothing more than pray and give some money.

Here are some blogs that I have been reading from people in Haiti:
Real Hope for Haiti
The Livesay [Haiti] blog





If you would like a shirt like this
<---- You can get one here.
All the profits will go to the two organizations I linked to above.









Other ways to give:

An Etsy shop where the money goes to Doctors without Borders- Hearts for Haiti
An Etsy shop where the money goes to Real Hope for Haiti- Artists for Hope

I've also been thinking a lot about sewing. Found an awesome website with lots of links to free patterns and tutorials for everything imaginable. Even catheter bag covers! I'm not so sure why people are so down on catheters, I enjoyed the experience while I was in the hospital. ;) Here is the link: Awesome sewing site!

In about a month I am going to be an aunt, I'm pretty pumped!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the sewing patterns. I signed up for a sewing class that will teach me the basics, including how to use my machine. I'm so excited! Oh and congrats Aunt Jodi!

    ReplyDelete